Re: Windows 10 Upgrade Error

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Michael,

I've created a bootable DVD, but I wanted to do the upgrade first, so I could take advantage of doing the free upgrade, but both  the Windows Upgrade tool & Media Creation tool failed.  What a waste of 4 hours!  LOL 

I think I'll let Microsoft Accessibility have a crack at it, & see how they do it.
Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2017 7:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows 10 Upgrade Error

Mike,

You should do a clean install by creating a bootable USB flash drive from the Media Creation Tool. If your computer is a fairly new model, it should already be set to boot from a USB drive that contains  the Windows operating system setup file.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2017 7:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Windows 10 Upgrade Error

Hi All,

I'm trying to upgrade 1 of our Windows 7 computers to Windows 10, but I get this error message:

Windows10UpgraderApp.exe - System Error
The program can't start because
api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing from your

Here is the error code 0x8007007e.
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

Has anyone encountered this problem, & if so, how did you fix it to get Win 10 installed?  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.