Re: Downloading CCleaner

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gerald,

I can't answer your question about the differences between Slim & portable, but I just downloaded the Portable 5.38 version with the link below.  After clicking the link below, & the page is loaded, press the letter, H, to navigate by heading 5 times to get to the Portable versions heading, then arrow down to get to the download link.

Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 6:41 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Downloading CCleaner

I visited the Piriform Builds site to download the portable version of CCleaner 5.38 so that I could avoid any possibility of surreptitiously installing Avast as well.  But when I activated the download link under the heading for CCleaner Portable, I was taken to the page for the standard version of CCleaner instead of initiating the file download.  And once I was on the page for the standard version, I figured that if I initiated the download, I might get stuck with Avast, so I closed the page and said the heck with it.  But under the CCleaner Portable heading is a heading for CCleaner Slim.  So my question is this:  Will downloading CCleaner Slim avoid installing Avast?  And what is the difference between the Portable and Slim versions?  Thanks.

Gerald