Re: about avast free

enes sarıbaş

hi,
avira is one of the antivirus packages with the highest detection rates. However, while the package remains fully accessible, alert dialogues, including virus alerts are not read by nvda or other screen readers. This is the only problem with avira.

On 10/30/2015 12:54 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:

What about Avira anti-Virus? Users on this and other lists have reported that it is effective at malware detection and removal and is reasonably accessible. I have not tried it myself, as I am satisfied with MSE.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: enes sarıbaş
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 2:11 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] about avast free

hi,
it significantly slows down pc bootup and first load of firefox.
Aditionally, it lately has started to pester me with periodic
advertisements. I wish there was an accessible alternative that was
just as effective.

On 10/29/2015 11:19 PM, Sugar wrote:
Hi all
Out of curiosity if anyone has installed the free version of the Avast
program has it slowed down your pc at all?
I have heard it does and I really don't want that to happen
So I am trying to save the time from installing it just to uninstall it if
it does slow down the pc or is it just to each individual computer.
Thanks
Sugar

'Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.'
~Blessed, Sugar