Re: blind so long that I need help with my new laptop

Gene

Someone else may know how to do that. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] blind so long that I need help with my new laptop

Gene,

I’m ok with printing now.  How about  getting rid of back stage view, whatever that is.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 11:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I would suggest that you look at the tutorial I did on ribbons again.  That is, I would suggest it if you want to see if you can understand the structure of ribbon programs better.  that's up to you, whether you want to do that or just more or less work by rote. I said in the tutorial that every ribbon program has one menu.  You can still find print in that menu.  You open the menu in ribbon programs with alt f.  Open the menu and look down it.  You will find print.  If you don't, it will be because something I'm not familiar with such as back stage view is interfering with your ability to access the menu.  If that is the case, let us know and people can tell you how to deal with that problem. 

However, if control p doesn't work, that raises the question of whether you can print from the print item in the menu.  It may point to a general problem with printing and not just to a problem with that one control p command.  The command should work.  a lot of control plus letter commands have been retained in word after ribbons were introduced.  We'll see what happens when you try to print from the menu.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:48 PM

Not for me

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 10:15 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] blind so long that I need hel with my new laptop

does control P still do the print? that was always my favorite but that has been a long time ago.

Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 6:56 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] blind so long that I need hel with my new laptop

My last new pc had menu bars across the top op applications.  G to windows ten and the ribbon menus is a challenge.  What is the easiest way  to rint  a word document?  I mist alt plus F and going down to the print menu.

Any help would b appreciated. 

Jeff

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.