Re: blind so long that I need help with my new laptop

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Jeff,

Open the Office application in question.

Press ALT + F to open the menu tabs, you will hear “Backstage View”.

Arrow down to “Options”, and press enter.

There will be a list to come up with some different categories beginning with “General”.

Tab down through the General tab until you hear “Show the start screen on start up” or something very similar to this, and uncheck this box.

Tab around to the category list again and arrow down to the “Save” category.

Tab through this list until you hear “Show the Backstage View when opening or saving a document” or something very similar to this. Uncheck this box.

Tab down to the OK button and press enter.

After this, the only time you should hear the term “Backstage View” is when you open the menu by pressing ALT + F.

This action will have to be performed for each Office application.

Michael

Jeff,

Open the Office program in question.

Press ALT + F to open the menu, you will hear “Backstage