Re: learning languages. Making the process of both reading and writing them accessible.

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Awesome, I'll definitely look into it. As I mentioned previously, I've had pretty good luck in finding materials I can use to learn the speaking part of the language, but they of course fall short when it comes to understanding how it's written. Melissa was kind enough though to respond to me privately and she's got a much better understanding of the written stuff, so for that I'm hugely grateful. As for the differences between the modern version of the language and the older one, as I understand it, the older one being used more in a religious context, I don't know, but I've herd that there are a few. I'd definitely want to be learning modern though, as I'd like to be able to use it for communication with friends I make there in Israel.
Either way, it's all been super fun and a neat experience so far. :)
Take care.

On 12/29/2017 6:34 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Jeremy, I'm sure that someone can help you with the audio end of things.  However, I would strongly suggest that you explore learning Braille and Hebrew Braille in particular.  I don't know much about this but if you're wanting to learn both Modern Hebrew plus leturgical Hebrew, contact The Jewish Guild for the Blind in NYC. They will have info for you

<smiling>  I don't know if 'liturgical' is the right word for Hebrew used in religious services and for the Bible, but it's the only word I know.   There is a difference between the two, I think.

Ann P.
.