Re: SANSA Player Not Recognized in Windows 10

Laz

Nah, just run it as administrator. Go to the icon on your desktop, hit
the applications key, go down to run as administrator and press enter.
Your SAPI5 voices should now show up.

BTW you're not dumb in any way, shape, or form. (smiles)

Laz

On 1/6/18, Lisa Belville <missktlab1217@frontier.com> wrote:
Hi, Laz.

I feel really dumb. <grin> I disconnected and did a hard reset and
voila, the plaer and PC are playing nice.

Now my issue is getting RB Clip to use the SAPI voices. This isn't a
new copy, this is the copy on my old XP PC that was ported to the new PC
along with all of my other files. I'm guessing it's looking for the
voices I had in XP, but that's just a guess on my non computer-literate
part.

Would it be easier to just get a new copy of RBClip from your web site?

Lisa

On 1/6/2018 11:23 AM, Laz wrote:
Hi Lisa,

Reset the player by holding the power button down for at least 30
slowly counted seconds as in 1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi, etc. Then
see if it connects properly. Let me know if that does it and if not
we'll go on from there.

Happy new year!

Laz

On 1/6/18, Lisa Belville <missktlab1217@frontier.com> wrote:
Hi, all.

I'm trying to connect a nearly three-year old Sansa Clip Zip to my new
Windows 10 PC. I get an notification saying the USB device isn't
recognized, and an additional error saying that the device descriptor
request failed.

I know the player and its cable works as I just used it this morning.
The USB ports on the PC work as well; there's been a external disc and a
wireless mouse plugged into them.

I'm really new at Windows 10, so I'm not sure where to go to trouble
shoot this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Lisa

Lisa Belville