Re: SANSA Player Not Recognized in Windows 10

Laz

And this is while you run it as administrator? I get the feeling it
might have become corrupt.

Here's the RBClip download link:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZJrzGZ7QPQiYfuVYpmxXn6dFAWE7ve3cPy

and here's the audio tutorial:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZSizGZgsUfByS6Vyub2YJVaf9L9S8JoN17

Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. run it as administrator, Go
through the settings and ensure it's just like in my directions, and
then try to create some talk files.

Laz

On 1/6/18, Lisa Belville <missktlab1217@frontier.com> wrote:
Hi, Laz.

I think I followed your directions correctly. I can open the program,
select files to be voiced and choose the voice options. The problem
happens once I press the create clip button.

Then I actually get two errors in one, because once it gives the Windows
error message, I get another message from RBClip tellimg me to wait
while it's processing files, which is what I got while using the program
on my old PC. Then it hangs and I get the option to either close the
program or wait for it to respond.

Then the program stops responding altogether and there are two windows,
one with the error from RBClip and one from Windows.

The Windows message is really long. I don't know how to get NVDA to
select a dialog and have it copied to the clipboard for pasting or I'd
do that. Actually, I think there's an Addon for that, I just haven't
gotten around to finding it yet.

Anyway, here's what I can get from the dialog.

Windows Script Host

RBClip voicebox.wsf syntax error code 800A03Ea

Hope this isn't too much or too little info.

Lisa

On 1/6/2018 12:56 PM, Laz wrote:
Did the script error give any meaningfull information or just the
usual nonsense?

Did you look through the settings and make sure they're set as I
recommended? If the settings are fine, then I recommend uninstalling
and reinstalling RBClip.

Laz

On 1/6/18, Lisa Belville <missktlab1217@frontier.com> wrote:
Hi, Laz, well, that worked, sort of. LOL

I have my voices, but now when I activate the create clip button I get a
windows Script error and the program stops responding. I know I'm
pointing to the correct file path, there's only 12 files I need
processed.

On 1/6/2018 12:14 PM, Laz wrote:
Nah, just run it as administrator. Go to the icon on your desktop, hit
the applications key, go down to run as administrator and press enter.
Your SAPI5 voices should now show up.

BTW you're not dumb in any way, shape, or form. (smiles)

Laz

On 1/6/18, Lisa Belville <missktlab1217@frontier.com> wrote:
Hi, Laz.

I feel really dumb. <grin> I disconnected and did a hard reset and
voila, the plaer and PC are playing nice.

Now my issue is getting RB Clip to use the SAPI voices. This isn't a
new copy, this is the copy on my old XP PC that was ported to the new
PC
along with all of my other files. I'm guessing it's looking for the
voices I had in XP, but that's just a guess on my non
computer-literate
part.

Would it be easier to just get a new copy of RBClip from your web
site?

Lisa

On 1/6/2018 11:23 AM, Laz wrote:
Hi Lisa,

Reset the player by holding the power button down for at least 30
slowly counted seconds as in 1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi, etc. Then
see if it connects properly. Let me know if that does it and if not
we'll go on from there.

Happy new year!

Laz

On 1/6/18, Lisa Belville <missktlab1217@frontier.com> wrote:
Hi, all.

I'm trying to connect a nearly three-year old Sansa Clip Zip to my
new
Windows 10 PC. I get an notification saying the USB device isn't
recognized, and an additional error saying that the device
descriptor
request failed.

I know the player and its cable works as I just used it this
morning.
The USB ports on the PC work as well; there's been a external disc
and
wireless mouse plugged into them.

I'm really new at Windows 10, so I'm not sure where to go to trouble
shoot this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Lisa

Lisa Belville