Re: did it this time, blocked a sender and now the entire list is blocked

Gene

I should clarify that I believe I suggested a procedure to try but I said I don't have Outlook and I didn't know if it would work or something to that effect.  I wasn't sure when you said the description was over your head if it was because you tried it and it might not work as described in Outlook or if you didn't understand or follow it.  That's why I responded.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Gene

Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2018 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] did it this time, blocked a sender and now the entire list is blocked

I didn't give you full instructions.  I gave you the principle of what to do and I suggested you ask on list if you want the specifics. 

Gene
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2018 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] did it this time, blocked a sender and now the entire list is blocked

Pam,

Yes, I would like to block her but don’t really know how to do it without losing the list.

Guess I’ll just settle for the delete key.  Gene gave me some instructions on blocking just her, but they were a bit over my head.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 7:16 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Yes, but don’t you want this person to be blocked?  Unblocking him to receive the rest of your messages did not solve your problem.  Pam.

Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2018 8:25 PM

Hi Gene,

I seem to have resolved the issue in the following manner.  I went to the blocked member, used my application key, or shift  F ten would work. I focused on the person I wanted to block and arrowed down to the junk option.  When I hit this item it said block sender.  I went to the tab key and found the option to never block this person.  After that all messages from the list came into my inbox as opposed to the junk folder.  As far as blocking  her, there is always the delete key.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2018 8:01 PM

I don't use Outlook.  I can't tell you the exact procedure with your e-mail program, but one or both of the following two approaches should work. 

the address of the sender should be shown in the message properties.  You should be able to copy the address to the clipboard and paste the address into the proper field when blocking a sender.  Someone who uses your version of Outlook may explain this in more detail. 

Or, if you can get to the from line, showing the actual sender's address, not the list address, you may be able to open the context menu and see options such as block sender.  Again, someone who uses your version of Outlook will have to provide specific details.  Whatever you are doing is acting on the list address, not on the from address showing the actual sender.

your procedure may work on mail from a single individual but it evidently doesn't work as intended when working with list mail.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2018 6:38 PM

Hi,

Seem to have resolved this  problem.  I unblocked the sender and now the entire list is coming through.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2018 7:11 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] did it this time, blocked a sender and now the entire list is blocked

Hi,

Can I get some help here.  The messages from the entire list end up in the junk folder.

Thanks,

Jeff

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.