Re: Free Win 10 upgrade

Monica Jones

Thanks for this. I didn’t know the deadline was December 31st till it was almost here. I’ve been dealing with pain and illness so haven’t stayed caught up on mail as I used to.

From: Marie
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2018 12:01 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Free Win 10 upgrade

The free upgrade for people with disabilities has been extended to Jan. 16 by Microsoft. And I know there has been lots of discussion about upgrading from win 7 but I upgraded an 8.1 machine yesterday and all went smooth as silk. And to my surprise, when the upgrade completed, Jaws started up automatically.
As far as I have seen so far, the system appears to be working just fine and I did not do a clean install but opted to keep my files so I did not have to re-install everything. This is on an Asus Zen Book.
Marie