Re: Needing Help Setting Up an Echo Dot

Fred

Thanks to those who replied and to this list in general. All help was needed.

I have my Echo Dot and Firestick setup due to a sighted person helping me in person.

Again, thank God for this list. I learn a lot from just reading the messages even when I’m not stuck on doing something.

Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:36 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Needing Help Setting Up an Echo Dot

Thanks Mike:

I am going to go back to the list of network connections list and try to identify my connection and see if that works.

I’ll be getting back to the list to let you know what happens. I can only fool around with this stuff for an hour or two at a time and then I have to take a break because my brain gets numb from going around in circles.

Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Needing Help Setting Up an Echo Dot

Did one of the choices sound somewhat like your internet provider?  I use my iPhone to set up my dots, so the results from the amazon  site might be different. You want to select your WiFi, I'm pretty sure.   If you are having problems, call the disability line at Amazon, and request they transfer you to the tech support to the Echo folks.  They'll walk you through it step by step.  They, however, have a little difficulty understanding the concept of blindness.  "What color of lights are on the dot?"
Mike
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:54 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Needing Help Setting Up an Echo Dot

I am using JAWS18 and Windows10. I have went to the Amazon website with my computer and setup the Echo and got a response from Alexa saying, that I was connected. Then I was told to proceed with the setup process. I clicked the continue button and was prompted to select a network to save to my Amazon Account. I have no idea what network to choose. Amazon gave me a list of networks, so, I selected one and continued. About a minute later Alexa said, cannot connect to the public network..???

What am I doing wrong?

I’m not using a phone to prompt Alexa, just this computer, so I don’t have a phone with Alexa installed.

Old Fishermen Never Die,
They Just Smell That Way!

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.