From: "Walter Ramage" <wpr@blueyonder.co.uk
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 20:32:27 +0100
Subject: [TechTalk] unusual file extension

Hi all. I have a number of old files on my computer and I've just
re-discovered them after a few years. The problem is, I can't open them.
The file extension is.vmg and this is an old Nokia text message format.
Does anybody know how I can open these files, at least long enough to try
and save them as text files? I really don't want to purchase any software
if I can avoid it because I don't know if what's in these files would
warrant spending a lot of money on it and in any case, If I managed to save
the files as text files then I could delete the originals and then the
software would become redundant. Is there an on line service that will open
them and allow me to at least read them. With thanks. Walter.