Re: Understanding Discs for OsS Installation

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Hi,
Normally when I wish to make a change to a drive, make an image of it, or restore an image back to it, I keep in mind some of the manufacturer's information and use that to tell them from one another. You should also be given some sort of information on the size of the two drives and be able to distinguish them from that too. Not sure what others might use to tell between their own drives, most especially if both are of the same size and manufacturer, I've never been in this exact situation, but there should still be some sort of information that is different between the two.
Sorry that this isn't exactly a complete answer, but hope that it helps. :)
Take care.

On 1/18/2018 7:29 PM, Joe Orozco wrote:
Hello,

I have a computer with two internal hard drives, my primary Drive C
and a secondary backup drive, on which I want to install Windows 10.
I’m installing from a thumb drive. As you know, when you go to install
a new operating system, you’re asked to pick between Disk 0, Disk 1,
etc.

Questions:

1. I want to delete the data on my primary hard drive. How can I make
sure that my Drive C is completely overwritten by the new operating
system?

2. How can I distinguish between the multiple disks my computer will
display? I want to make sure I’m installing to Drive C and not my
backup drive. I’m having someone sighted help me boot from a device.
Hence, I’ll have no speech and want to be as clear as I can with them
so that the installation goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks all for any tips.

Best,

Joe