Re: wanting cCleaner to stop update checks

David Mehler

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I've followed your procedure but am not sure. For me jaws is
announcing those checkboxes as buttons even when doing a read line.

Thanks.
Dave.

On 1/18/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@charter.net> wrote:
Hi Again David,

Here's how to turn off the check for updates setting after you have CCleaner

already installed.
1. Open CCleaner & tab to, Options checkbox not checked, & press the
spacebar. Note pressing the spacebar won't be reported as checking this
setting, but it does open it when press ing the spacebar.
2. Tab 1 time to, Settings checkbox not checked, press the spacebar, & just

like the note above, this will open as well.
3. Now , tab several times, around 10 times, you'll come to the Language
combobox, so slow down because you're now sneaking up on the updating
setting. It's the, Inform me of updates to CCleaner updates checkbox is
checked. Press the spacebar to uncheck this, & if you use the read current

line keystroke, Jaws / Insert key + up arrow, Jaws will report that it is
unchecked. Note: in this area Jaws will report the checkboxes status if
you use the read current line keystroke with all these settings once you're

passed the language combobox.
4. Tab on through to see other settings, & you'll get to the beginning where

you'll hear, Check for Updates, & press, Alt + F4, to save your settings
change & close CCleaner.