Re: Getting Updates For Other Microsoft Products

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Michael,

Yes, in all my notes, & my searches  state the setting to get Microsoft other products updates is supposed to be in the Find out More link in Windows update settings, but it's not there when I click on that link.  There used to be a Microsoft legal document that you had to check a couple of boxes agreeing to their terms..., then a couple more checkboxes were added to your update settings.  Well, I'm thinking the Office updates are part of the monthly Rollups they send out because I haven't seen an Office update in quite a long time.  No big deal, I checked for updates through Word's help, & none were available so everything is cool.  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Getting Updates For Other Microsoft Products

Mike,

It's been a long time since I fooled with Windows 7, but that setting should be located in the Windows Updates settings, and is most likely a check box that needs to be checked. This will get you Office updates plus any other Microsoft applications that you have installed and any 3rd party applications that push their updates through Windows Updates.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 3:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Getting Updates For Other Microsoft Products

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 pro & Jaws.  How do I set Windows to check for other Microsoft product updates?  The notes I have don't work, & searching hasn't helped.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.