Re: Getting Updates For Other Microsoft Products

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Michael,

Yes, in all my notes, & my searches  state the setting to get Microsoft other products updates is supposed to be in the Find out More link in Windows update settings, but it's not there when I click on that link.  There used to be a Microsoft legal document that you had to check a couple of boxes agreeing to their terms..., then a couple more checkboxes were added to your update settings.  Well, I'm thinking the Office updates are part of the monthly Rollups they send out because I haven't seen an Office update in quite a long time.  No big deal, I checked for updates through Word's help, & none were available so everything is cool.  Thanks much.

Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Getting Updates For Other Microsoft Products

Mike,

It's been a long time since I fooled with Windows 7, but that setting should be located in the Windows Updates settings, and is most likely a check box that needs to be checked. This will get you Office updates plus any other Microsoft applications that you have installed and any 3rd party applications that push their updates through Windows Updates.

Michael