From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Thomas
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 7:29 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I Need Your Explanation concerning Talking Bathroom Scales:

Scales are calibrated at factory to a certain tollerance. This would explain why different scales weigh differently. When you step on a scale at a doctor's office for the first time, consider this a base reading, and then the following times can determine your gain or loss from previous times.
I've noticed this same difference is present in blood glucose readings between two different units even from the same blood sample. I called the manufacturer of one and asked why there was something like a 13 point reading difference, and they got peeved that I tried to compare two different units. I therefore just do exactly what I said, consider each day's readings as an increase or decrease from the previous day. I wonder though if the same thing happens when tested at a lab with more accurate chemical readings, and more precise equipment.
Mike