Re: using jaws 17 and windows 7/need help installing adobe flash

Gene

I don't know why you are getting the message on the site since Flashh is already installed unless JAVA isn't turned on.  It probably is but to make sure, try the following:
Go to
and see if you get a message about JAVA script near the bottom of the page.  If you search for java from the top of the page, you'll see the message quickly and conveniently if its there.  If you do, JAVA is off.  If you don't, its on.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] using jaws 17 and windows 7/need help installing adobe flash

Gene and all, I am using Internet Explorer 11 and the message isn't a will you allow message, which I so wish it was. It's actually a "download and install flash player" and a download link is given. I have googled this, and one response was that maybe Java isn't enabled and some sites think flash isn't installed and it has something to do with java. Not really sure about how to work with Java and not real sure this would cause a site not to see flash but maybe there's a connection and I need to do something with Java? I wish Alternative flash was enough to keep these sites happy, and if another way to download flash instead of from their site can be done please share.

Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] using jaws 17 and windows 7/need help installing adobe flash

Browsers are generally not automatically allowing Flash content to run.  I don't recall  what browser you are using, but if you are running Firefox or Chrome, you may have to allow flash to be run before you can do whatever the site does.  I suspect the site interprets Flash not running as meaning it isn't installed.  If you tell us what browser you are using, someone can probably tell you how to allow Flash when the browser asks.  I've had very little experience with this but I suspect you'll have to reload the site after allowing Flash.  You can use f5.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 4:20 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] using jaws 17 and windows 7/need help installing adobe flash

I do think I have the latest Flash version, but I am getting these "the latest version of Adobe Flash needs to be installed to play these files." messages. One place I get these messages is Hulu. I have installed Alternative Flash Player, but I don't think that's what some of these cites want. When the "download and install" option is offered for downloading Flash Player update, I try downloading it but it doesn't seem to be in or sites wouldn't complain about it. What do some Jaws users do to install this and make sure it is in? Or have you had trouble, having installed the player, getting sites to recognize that you already have the thing?

Thanks for any help.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.