Re: having trouble with FileZilla.

Gene

I just went to the global voice home page with Firefox and had no trouble logging in.  I assume the address you are using is an ftp address but at least we know the server is up.  It would still be useful to see if another person can log in.  I suspect you may have to contact support at the global voice.

I didn't find a support link on the home page.  There is a link to contact the station management for information about getting your own program.  That may be a good place to inquire.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having trouble with FileZilla.

I don't know what rotating address means.  What is the address you are using?  I'm not asking for your username and password.  But if you can't connect to the server, that's even before you are asked for your user information.  If you give us the address, we can see if we can connect.

Gene
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 11:22 AM

Hi, I get this message, cannot connect to server. And also, rotating address for the global voice. I started getting this yesterday. Jim

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 9:15 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

You are assuming it's your proboem.  It may be a temporary problem with the site itself.  When you try to connect, use your screen review, are you using JAWS? to look at the screen.  Start at the top and move down line by line.  You will likely see an error message at some point.  You may tell us what it says or you may contact someone who provides support for the server The Global Voice uses. 

Gene

Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:56 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] having trouble with FileZilla.

Hi all, I apologize for the length of this email, but I’m at my wits end here.

I use FileZilla to send my show to the global voice web site. All of a sudden, it will not connect to the site so that I can upload my show. I see the file I wish to upload. And when a tab over, after selecting the file I wish to upload, I should see a message that says remote site. Instead, I see something that says, panel, zero items. So somehow I can’t connect tieh the globalvoice.info web site. If anyone uses FileZilla, can they give me any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help in advance. Jim

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.