From: janet gross
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:51 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] System Restore Question Please.

Hi Everyone,
I lost all internet connection last night for some unknown reason. When I opened IE, I got a message saying this web page can't be displayed, so I read a little further down, and seen a message saying no internet connection. I also noticed I wasn't getting any in coming or outgoing emails. I also noticed I couldn't use my Magic Jack phone, but this I understand, without internet connection I also lose my Magic Jack phone, but I also lost service on my iPhone, meaning I couldn't use my iPhone to make a call, this one has me baffled! I went in to the search field and network system, and I had the computer to check for internet connections and other problems. I then got a response saying: Issues found
The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is brokenThe connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken
The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn't receive network traffic from the Internet. Detected Detected
I also got a message saying I should first restart the modom by pressing the button on the modom, and if that doesn't work I should unplug the modom, and wait for 10 seconds, and plug it back in, and if that doesn't work, I should call my ISP. I did try both of these methods, but still no internet connection. Well, this was late at night, so I couldn't call my ISP which is ATT, and I was just to tired to have to deal with MS. Well, being as curious as I am, I thought of system restore, so I started the system restore on my computer, and after an hour of waiting for that to complete, I pressed alt plus f4, and I got a message asking me if I really want to stop the system restore because it wasn't finished restoring, and I agreed to stop it because I was just to tired and wanted to go to sleep, and that I did. I got up this morning, and the internet conection is fine! LOL! My questions are how can I find out if the computer did restore or not?
Why would I lose service on my iPhone?
That's a pretty scarey thing being without internet service and phone service! I want to be for sure this doesn't happen again.
The only thing I did different was I did download some updates from MS earlier that same day. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, and I also noticed JAWS got extremely sluggish just if I opened IE or went in to Outlook.
I am running Windows 7/home, 64 bit, IE 11, JAWS 2018, Outlook 2010.
Any thoughts, I would appreciate some!

Janet