Re: usb powered hubbs

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Heather,

Do a search on Amazon for this one:

Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UM43)

This isn't a powered hub, but if you need it to be it has a port for a power cord which you could buy at another time if so desired.
Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] usb powered hubbs

Well, it is for my mom and she wants one that runs off her laptop because, she does not have an extra outlit near her laptop!  Thanks Heather

Heather Albright
Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap!" Dr. Kenneth Jernigan
ham call sign:
kd5cbl
e-mail:
kd5cbl@...

Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 5:22 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] usb powered hubbs

Hi Heather,  I think what you're confusing is a USB powered hub.  When you buy a hub, get the kind that comes with a power connector that plugs into the wall outlet, like a charger.  Then just plug it into any USB port.  I'm not a fan of drawing power off a laptop, although the laptop will attempt to provide it through the port.  You may have a laptop that has a specifically designed USB port that is meant to deliver extra power to those accessories that require power, but I still would prefer to provide my own power to the USB devices.

Mike

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 6:11 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] usb powered hubbs

Hello, I am trying to find what they call the usb port that allows you to add usb devices to your laptop! I searched and stupid amazon keeps giving me the kind to charge usb devices instead of a hub that goes on the computer! So is it not called a usb powered hub! Because they keep giving me the one that charges in the ac adaptor instead off the laptop! There must be something I am not frazing right! Thanks Heather

Heather Albright
Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap!" Dr. Kenneth Jernigan
ham call sign:
kd5cbl
e-mail:
kd5cbl@...

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.