Re: Extensive Ribbon Tutorial

chris judge

The only thing the jaws training material covers is how to navigate ribbons using the virtual ribbon option.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:57 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Extensive Ribbon Tutorial

Perhaps JAWS Training Material teaches something about Word.  I haven't looked at much JAWS Training material.  Of the little I looked at, Cathy Anne Murtha's is much better in my opinion.  But if JAWS has such material, if you don't want to pay and there aren't other good alternatives, that might provide some material.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:51 PM

Hadley has a course on formatting documents with a screen reader, however it is quite rudimentary and really doesn’t cover navigating the ribbons at all.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:25 PM

The free material explains how to do very specific things, much of which is for Outlook.  There is no basic teaching about Office programs as to general layout or how to work with the general programs.  Which is not a surprise since such information is taught in depth in paid for materials. 

If someone wants to pay for that material, it is very good.  I'm not surehow much it costs but I would expect seventy dollars or more.

The Hadley School likely has Office training material if people are interested in checking.  You have to join the school and these are courses so you may actually have to take the course and not just look at the material without doing any course work.  But you can inquire whether you can just get the material to study on your own.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:04 PM

I just took a look at Cathy-ann’s free stuff. I don’t see anything on the ribbons, unless I’m missing something.

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:31 PM

Are you talking about the book you pay for?  If so, that should be stated and the approximate cost, if you know it.  If someone can't or doesn't want to pay, knowing thewse things might save time.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:16 AM

Hi all,

I think there's one at:

http://www.blind.training/free-training/

There's a tutorial on Office which should have the info you need.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.