From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 07:38 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] SACD versus CD, can it play on my DVD player?

Did you read my post yesterday? SA-CD's will most definitely not play on a
conventional computer DVD drive because this is a proprietary format
developed by Sony that was a commercial flop because it was not compatible
with existing CD players. This format should not be confused with
gold-plated CD's, which are merely conventional CD's coated with gold plate
that will play on any CD or DVD drive because they retain the conventional
CD format, although some audiophiles swear that they sound better than
regular CD's. When DVD players were introduced, other manufacturers
refused to pay Soney licensing fees to incorporate this format into their
players, and so by 2007, the SA-CD was basically dead, although they are
still around if you can find a player to play them on. What really killed
the SA-CD was the popularity of the IPod and other media players. Suddenly,
consumers preferred the convenience of downloading music directly from the
Internet despite its inferior sound quality to spending money on a format
whose sonic superiority was highly dubious, and in any case, required
expensive speakers or headphones to truly appreciate, which most mainstream
consumers were not willing to pay extra for. Besides, blue ray DVD's now
offer sound quality that rivals or exceeds that of SA-CD's. So before you
make erroneous claims, check your facts first.

Gerald