Re: When did 'ribbons' start to appear

Pamela Dominguez

They are in more than that. Windows live mail, and Internet explorer and I don't remember what else off hand. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eleni Vamvakari
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 5:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] When did 'ribbons' start to appear

I use Windows 7, and the only places where I have ever seen ribbons
are in Wordpad and Notepad. I actually replaced Wordpad with an older
version, in order to eliminate the ribbons. Here are the instructions
for doing so.

http://computer-science-and-software-tricks.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-get-good-old-wordpad-without.html

Admittedly, some things are different in the control panel from how
they were in XP, but if these are ribbons, I honestly didn't know.

On 25/01/2018, janet gross <janet.harvard@outlook.com> wrote:
Carolyn,
I think ribbons came out in Microsoft office 2007 in the year 2007, and I
think ribbons for Windows started with Windows 7.
Janet

Janet