toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
This is exactly what happened to me yesterday, although it wasn't
anything to do with a browser that drove my system nuts. Thanks
for posting this.
On 1/28/2018 7:02 AM, john s wrote:
Yesterday, my wife and I had problems with our systems and I
would pass this information along in case anyone else had
The culprit was Malware Buytes. Our systems were sluggish almost
the point that we couldn't use them. Mine straightened out on
own but my wife had to to into safe mode and uninstall the
Here is some information from Malware Bytes.
- Â Topic Starter
- Root Admin
- 4,233 posts
Report post Â
PostedÂ 5 hours agoÂ (edited)
- Earlier this morning, we published a protection update
connection issues for many of our customers. As a side
effect of the web
protection blocks, the product also spiked memory usage and
caused a crash. We have triaged this issue and pushed a
that resolves it.
- If the update does not resolve the issue automatically for
please shut down web protection, check for protection
restart your computer.
- The root cause of the issue was a malformed protection
the client couldn't process correctly. We have pushed
upwards of 20,000
of these protection updates routinely. We test every single
one before it
goes out. We pride ourselves on the safety and accuracy of
engines. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement.
- We are working hard to not only triage your issues and get
computer or business back up and running but to also rebuild
We are going to overhaul how we publish these protection
updates so that
this never happens again.
- I am personally available to discuss both on this forum
message or at
- *** How to resolveÂ / verify you have the fixed update
- Malwarebytes 3
- Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or
(Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix
- Open Malwarebytes
- Turn OFF web protection by Clicking on â€œsettingsâ€,
click to turn
web protection OFF
- Under Scan Status (right side), click next to
â€œUpdatesâ€ to have
Malwarebytes download the latest database
- Restart PC (Note it may take up to 2 restarts after the
stabilize the system)
- To confirm that you are on the latest database please
- Open Malwarebytes
- Click on Settings
- Click on the About tab
- Next to â€œUpdate package versionâ€ if you see version
higher you are on the latest database which addresses the
- Malwarebytes Endpoint Security (on-premises)
- First step to get the update is to disable the real-time
To do this in the Management console:
- Open up the policy the clients are on and go to the
- From here, disable the â€˜enable protection moduleâ€™
- Once this is done click OK. When your clients check in
they will get
this new policy update.
- Once real-time is protection is disabled and your clients
communicate, highlight the endpoints on the client screen
and click the
update database button at the top.
- After the update is applied, a reboot of the machine may
- Note: If your client cannot resolve internal addressing,
re-installing the agent manually on the machine will need to
be done. The
client will not be able to reach out to the server for a
and will never be able to turn off the real-time protection.
- Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection (cloud)
- From the Malwarebytes Cloud console, go to the endpoints
select all the endpoints.
- In the action drop-down, choose the â€˜check for
updatesâ€™ option to force an update on all endpoints to
1.0.3803 or higher.
- This should fix the problem for the vast majority of
Protection endpoints. If endpoints are still affected after
this, please reboot the machine.
- If the remote agent is unable to reach out and get this
we must disable the web protection:
- In the Malwarebytes Cloud console, Go to the settings>
policies> and open up the policy the clients are on.
- From here, go to the endpoint protection policy and turn
â€œWeb Protectionâ€ portion of the policy. Then:
- If the machine is unresponsive, reboot the machine and log
- Once in, right click on the tray icon and start a scan.
force a database update and fix the issue.
- Once updated, cancel the scan and reboot the machine.
- When the computers are all online and updated, please turn
the web protection again in the Endpoint Policy.
- If the above doesnâ€™t resolve the issue, please reach out