Re: need tutorials for learning how to use NVDA.

Jim Rawls

Thank you kind sir. Smile. Jim And for all other suggestions as well. Jim.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 2:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] need tutorials for learning how to use NVDA.

Hi Jim,

As well as all the other suggestions, the official "Basic Training for NVDA" is a training module which covers all aspects of using NVDA from novice use of NVDA and Windows itself, through to advanced concepts such as Object Navigation and configuration profiles.  It is available in electronic text, audio and hardcopy Braille through https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/  Each topic includes instructions, explanation and step by step activities.

And touching on the point that others have also covered, the User Guide here https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html? is great if you understand a feature and just want to refresh what the keystroke for it is.  What the User Guide doesn't do, that the Basic Training for NVDA does, is explain, in simple language what each feature is, how it works, and walk you through a practical exercise to use that feature.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 5:17 AM, Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@...> wrote:

Hi all, I have never used NVDA and have decided to learn how to use it. I am using windows ten, and jaws 18. If anyone has a link, or some links for NVDA I would appreciate you sharing them with me. Thanks in advance. Jim

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess