Scripts in Firefox

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Using firefox 52 esr, windows xp sp3, and NVDA 17.3,
I keep getting the message from firefox--I assume,
a script is not responding.  It refers to something about chrome and I get three choices: stop the script, troubleshoot or continue.  I think this is making my firefox slow, almost to the point of stalling.  What should I do to get rid of this problem?

Thank you, anybody.

Howard

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Adding a portable application to the context menu

I'm not sure how you might do it and it would probably be faster to open the program and more convenient to make a desktop shortcut for it and then assign a shortcut key.  Lots of people can tell you how to make a shortcut using the exe file.  I said make a desktop shortcut because that's what I usually do but I believe you can make a shortcut in the program folder itself and set a shortcut command there. 

I should add that I may be wrong, but I don't think you can add an item in the context menu to open a program without working with the registry. 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:38 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Adding a portable application to the context menu

Hello list,

I’d like for a portable application to appear in the context menu and have poked around online, but don’t seem to find good instructions on how to do so. The closest I’ve come is this site: https://www.windowscentral.com/add-app-shortcuts-start-menu-manually-windows-10 But they talk about snapping the window right and then left and then dragging and dropping this and that.

Does anyone in fact know how to do this? I believe there are some freeware options out there to help customize the context menu (removing and adding programs), but I’d prefer to just be able to do it without having to deal with yet another program all together.

This is for a Windows 10 machine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cristobal

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.