Re: OCR Scanner

Gene

Then how is a stand alone reading machine going to be any easier?  You have to press a key to scan.  You have to use commands to move around the text.  Openbook scans and then, if it is using the default, will read the page that is scanned.  That's what stand alone reading machines do as well.  I can't see any reason to spend three thousand dollars for a stand alone reading machine.

From: Allen West
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2018 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] OCR Scanner

The Pearl is a dedicated camera for VFO software. Currently it only
works with OpenBook and JAWS 2018. I did not see the Sara on the VFO
website. I did find the iPal from ABISEE. Besides being lind, these
residents have developmental disabilities. We find OpenBook easy, but
for some finding and pressing a spacebar is a slight challenge. It
becomes a real challenge when they need to delte or reread a page.
That is why we are looking for a stand alone scanner that is very
simple.

Allen