Re: if someone is using audacity, I need your help.

Jim Rawls

Gene, We’ll be using MP3 format and Win amps as my player. I’ll see if I can find the latest version of virtual recorder and check it out. Thanks. Jim

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018 5:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] if someone is using audacity, I need your help.

Unless your sound card has a what you hear option, you should use virtual recorder for recording.  It is by far the easiest program I've seen for changing the source you want to use and it also is very easy to use the Windows version of what you hear for recording what you hear from your sound card.  If you are going to record what Winamp is playing, you will need some version of this feature.  I can give you a web page where you can find and download the portable version of Virtual Recorder.  One person had problems with the installed version.  The program interface was designed by the late Carlos and it is a very easy interface to access the program, which originally was a command line program as I recall.  He intentionally designed it to be very easy to use.  If you want to edit, you will have to use another program to edit with.  Again, you didn't say which format you want to use.  That will have an important bearing on the program you will use to edit.

From: "Jim Rawls" <jazzpiano@...
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 12:21:00 -0800
Subject: [TechTalk] if someone is using audacity, I need your
help.

Hi all,

I have audacity 2.1.3 and I don't have a clue on how to use it.
I want to
record files to use on my internet radio show.  If someone can
help it would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Jims