Re: skype 8.15 and win 10

David Moore <jesusloves1966@...>

Hi!

I use the Skype app for Windows 10, and by tabbing a bit, it works very well with NVDA and Narrator. JAWS pretty good. I can tab to my list of contacts, or press ALT+1. Alt+2 works as well. If you try Narrator in Skype, you will hear what each Key command is to everything you tab to. It is very accessible by my definition. I can type messages, add contacts, call people, have conference calls, and many other activities with Skype app.

Have a great one!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2018 7:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] skype 8.15 and win 10

Hi,

Does any one on this list use windows 10 and skype?

If so can you please share your experience?

Thanks.

$$$$

EMAIL:karim.lakhani@...

$$$$

$$$$

Keep your fears to yourself,
but share your courage with others.
Robert Louis Stevenson

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Karim Lakhani
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] skype 8.15 and win 10

Hi all,

This is going to drive me crazy because on one of my machines, no matter what I have done, I cannot install and get skype to work.

I've tried to down load the version 8.15 and run the install, it tells me to install the APP. from the MS, store.

OK, so I do that and when I try to find the desk top short cut on my desk top or any where else, so I go to skype com and run the install from there and still can't get passed the point of getting the app. from the store.

So this is happening on only one machine because I some how have skype working on my laptop.

I have no idea how I did it, but don't want to touch any thing to make the program to stop working on that.

So if someone can tell me what to try I'd appreciate it.

I have a MS. account which is like apple these days because it seems like WIN. 10 is totally got control of my machine and would think I'd have to  use jail break like on a IOS system to make things work like the great old versions of windows.

I never thought I'd say that.

But if one just uses a computer for email and needs a quick way to do it, my way is have a old COMPAC machine with jaws version 10 which I own and windows XP, then my favorite version of outlook 2003.

Thanks I guess it's hard to keep changing with the times I just get caught up then bang things are changed.

Have a good day.

$$$$

EMAIL:karim.lakhani@...

$$$$

$$$$

Keep your fears to yourself,
but share your courage with others.
Robert Louis Stevenson

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.