Re: Recovering password for Gmail

Angelo Sonnesso

You can also invest in a UBI key.

If you have a smart phone you can install a Google verification app.

73 N2DYN Angelo

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of nontoxicster@...
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 3:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Recovering password for gmail

Unfortunately the security questions will not work anymore. While I was poking around in the security check section I came across my old questions and gmail/google stated they don't use those questions anymore. You must have either a phone number or an different email for that now.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 4:02 AM, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@...> wrote:

Yes, and if you haven’t set an alternate email address to have a password reset code sent to you, you can reset it by answering a series of security questions you would’ve been asked when you set up the account. If you don’t recall those answers, you might be out of luck.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: February 11, 2018 9:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Recovering password for gmail

If you don't keep a record of your passwords, you will have this problem repeatedly.  I assume you can go to the login section of the web site and there will be a forgot password link.  This is standard on login pages. 

\Gene

----- original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2018 7:45 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Recovering password for gmail

Hi all,

Can somebody tell me how to either recover or change the password I use to get into my gmail account?

I have my gmail account plugged into OE for windows 7, and when I open OE it asks me for my password and apparently the password I'm entering isn't the right one.

Btw gmail is working on my iPhone, so I obviously entered the correct password when I set it up but that would've been a while back, when I had my cable service including e-mail disabled for a time as I mentioned in another message.

Troy

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.