Re: MacAfee

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Marie,

If it's running you should be able to close it from Task Manager.  If you don't remove it you might start getting those damn nag messages asking you to renew your prescription!  LOL 
Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] MacAfee

Thanks Mike,
I would think that when the trial expire should quit running or at least I hope so. Sometimes getting these things to stop is a pain. Do you know if I can close it in Task manager?
Marie

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] MacAfee

Hi Marie,

Personally I've never removed MacAfee, but I've read on many occasions that a removal tool is necessary.  If you can't uninstall Macafee from control panel / Programs & Features use the link below to get the removal tool.  When you go to remove it, just make sure that it's not running & uninstall it.  I don't think Windows Defender would interfere with the uninstall process if you have Defender running at the time.  After clicking the link below, navigate by heading to the removal tool.  If you tap the, H key, 8 times I think that'll put you on it.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
----- Original Message -----
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:09 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] MacAfee

I have a fairly new Asus laptop and it came with MacAfee pre-installed. It is going to expire in eleven days. If I just let the trial expire and turn on Windows Defender, will it cause any problems and can I just uninstall it when the trial expires? Thanks for any advice. I am sure that it is not accessible with any of our screen readers.
Marie

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.