Re: Contacting google about gmail?

david

To set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:

1. Enable IMAP in Gmail.
Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
2. Open Outlook Express.
3. Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts...
4. Click Add, and then click Mail...
5. Enter your name in the 'Display name' field, and click Next.
6. Enter your full email address (username@gmail.com) in the 'Email
address' field, and click Next.
7. My incoming mail server is a, please select IMAP in the drop-down menu.
8. Enter imap.gmail.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server
field. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field.
9. Click Next.
10. Enter your full email address ( username@gmail.com) in the Account name
field. Enter your Google password in the Password' field,
and click Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. Highlight imap.gmail.com under Account, and click Properties.
13. Click the Advanced tab.
14. Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to This server requires a
secure connection (SSL).
15. Enter 465' in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field.
16. Under Incoming mail (IMAP), check the box next to This server requires a
secure connection (SSL). The port will change to '993'.

configuring outlook express

17. Click the Servers tab, and check the box next to My server requires
authentication.
18. Click OK.

Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve
Smoogle messages.