From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 8:24 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] OrCam

Yes, from my understanding you need to point at signs, people, traffic signals etc, for it to provide any information. This might prove hit or miss for a totally blind person. I think this is only useful if one has some residual vision left which would make it possible to point at something or someone in the environment.

On 2/15/18, Eleni Vamvakari <elvam2167@gmail.com> wrote:
I just read an interesting article on the OrCam. It sounds great, but
even if I could afford it, I probably couldn't use it, as I would need
to be able to see at least the first line of text so that I could
point to it and make the device start reading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3891160/The-TALKING-GLASSES-
read-books-recognise-faces-Potentially-revolution-partially-sighted-pe
ople-good-true.html

On 02/02/2018, Eleni Vamvakari <elvam2167@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone used either the old or the new version of OrCam? If so,
how well does it work? Is it self contained? Can information be
uploaded to a computer or is it only available as you are reading it,
or scanning products or faces? I am providing the link for others
who may be interested.

https://www.orcam.com/en/myeye2/

There was also another product, called Mobil-Eyes, if I remember
correctly. I can't find information on it now, but I know that it
came in both a basic and a deluxe package and involved ocr and other
features in a portable device Has anyone ever used that?

Thanks,
Eleni

--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com