Re: adding a gmail account to thunderbird

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Howdy, :)
Not sure how much this might help, some of the reasons why that next button quits working there in that browser-looking area can get pretty complicated, the client isn't able to correctly authenticate with gmail, but I'd start with making sure that any setting inside tbird that might cause issues with keeping track of google's preferences and such are set to their default, so cookies. I'm not saying that this is what's causing it, but apparently googles a bit weird in how they do their authentication and I've had similar issues in tbird before. When it happened to me, it was difficult to get any sort of an error to assist me in understanding what might be happening, so I had to read up on google to try to fix it. I might also suggest trying to configure that same account on a portable version of the client, either that or perhaps a slightly older version, if you can locate one. Normally for me tbird works absolutely beautiful, but when it decides to stop playing nicely, it can be a real pickle to figure out why. lol
Take care.

On 2/17/2018 5:16 PM, Missa wrote:
The program was installed correctly. I double checked that all the
information was entered in. I even had a sighted person go over it
from scratch. This is the wizard for adding an existing account.
Everything works fine until it gets to the point where you verify
stuff with google. It opens up a serperate window for this--there is
nothing to add but the email address. It won't open that window if I
don't put in the correct information in the main thunderbird/add
account wizard.
It is when it gets to the gmail window it won't let me go any further.
If it won't show a next button, it's because you left something out in the
current part of the dialog you are working with. this is common in wizards
like this. If you install a program and don't accept the license, you won't
see a next button. I don't know what you are leaving out and, though I know
something about thunderbird, I very seldom use or look at it and I don't
remember what you are asked for in the different dialogs.