JAWS2018, & Recognize With Jaws

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Howdy Y'all,

I would like to share something I found using the Recognize With JAWS feature in Jaws2018 when I used this to read a PDF file today.

After scanning a 100 page cordless phone user manual I wanted to converted to a different format, but while in this OCR mode I couldn't bring up a file menu, but when I opened the context menu I had a convert file option.  I said, what the hell, pressed enter on it, & to my surprise a conversion program installation window popped up asking me if I would like to install, Doxillion Document Converter, by NCH Software!

Well, I installed the little program, & this little gem will convert PDF files into something like 13 or 17 different formats.  What's even more cool, it put an option in the context menu so this program can now be used with all versions of Jaws I have installed.  I don't know exactly why or what made this installation program option pop-up, but I'm assuming it's because I've got a couple of NCH programs on my computer, and I'm sure glad it did come up!  This Doxillion Document Converter really works, gurhrhrhrhrhhrhrhrhhrhrhrhrhhrrhrhhrhr ate!

If any of you have a chance to click on the convert file option while using the Recognize with Jaws, feature, & you get this install dialogue, I would suggest running it!  If you don't like it, it can uninstalled through the Control Panel / Programs & Features.