Re: VOIP phones

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

between voipo and viatalk which do you like better?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] VOIP phones

Accessibility is one reason I would go for a third party Voip service.  Both Viatalk and VOIPo are completely accessible using a screen reader and they are reasonable in price.  I can set up any of the features, call logs, block callers, custom caller id, anything I want with no sighted assistance.

I'm sure there are other accessible solutions but the two above are ones I have personally used.

Another reason, if I change internet providers, or move to another state, I just unplug the voip box, take it with me and plug it into the router with the new service/home.

No need to port numbers from one service to another.

I have one of those "bundles" through Verizon and had to unplug the phone from the Verizon phone line as it was getting spammed.  For all I know spammers are probably still trying to call that number as I don't use it.  I changed the number I then ported a number from Phone Power that never received a spam call.  Once I ported it into the Verizon service, the spam calls started again.  That is when I unplugged the phone.