Re: Anybody Heard of This Scam?

Jeffrey Schwartz

I get scammers often several in a day.  I enjoy playing with them.  I have received any number from   the IRS stating that I owe back taxes and unless I pay up they will call the cops, not police, cops.  I tell them go ahead but send the SWAT team, I’m heavily armed.  One guy called a number of times stating Hi, I’m George, been to your house and worked on your pc. I tell him he’s a thief and only wants to log into my pc to get info,  His  response  is F you.  I think that because we are elderly we are in some data bases..  I block many robo calls but my phone only has capacity for 25 and I keep running out of space.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisa Belville
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 3:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Anybody Heard of This Scam?

Not around here.  All of the telemarketers are using local numbers.  Most of the Verizon Wireless customers have the same area code and the same three digit extension.  I've been tricked into answering the phone because I know so many people with those numbers that aren't in my contacts.  Now I just ignore it.  If they don't leave a message, it's almost a guarantee they're a telemarketer.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 2/23/2018 1:52 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:

It probably wouldn’t matter, since those scams have a way of getting numbers just for that, and they probably are nowhere near where the area code and number would be for.  Pam.

Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 2:25 PM

Sounds scammy.  Can you google the number they called from?

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 2/23/2018 12:56 PM, Evan Reese wrote:

Hey Guys,

When we get a phone call, we generally don’t pick up unless we recognize the number. If we don’t recognize the number, we listen to the message, if someone leaves one, and pick up if we need to.

We just got an automated call purporting to be from Microsoft. The beginning of the message was cut off. Apparently it started before our answering machine picked up.

It said that our service would be suspended. We could press 1 to talk to a technician about renewing our Windows key license, or call a toll free number. They didn’t mention a fee, but I’m sure there would be one.

I am sure this is a scam. I’m just wondering if anyone else here has heard of this one before.

Evan