Re: texting keys

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Monte,

The note below is for a Samsung Haven.  Maybe they'll be the same or close to your phone.  If they help let me know & I'll hunt for some more notes.

To get punctuation you use the 1 key.  Depending on what punctuation mark
you want, how many times you press it determines which 1 you get.  Below is
the list. the number is how may times to press & the punctuation mark next
to the number is what you'll get after the that number of rapid presses of
the #1 key.
Here are the ones I know:

1. Period
2. @ sign
3. Question mark
4. Exclamation
5. dash
6. -comma
7. ampersand
8. colon
9. apostrophe
10. slash

For texting or a new contact you can access more symbols by doing the following:
There are a couple I don't know.  But, I usually use Word Mode for texts and go into the menu to choose them.  To do this, press right soft key, 1 for new contact, press the right soft key again, press 6, for symbols, or arrow down to symbols & press okay.  and then arrow through the choices.  There are three screens of symbols.  So, to go to the next page, press the right soft key, again.

Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] texting keys

Hi Mike,

I’m using the Samsung Rugby 4.

It is a flip phone with the usual keypad layout.

Thanks,

Monte