From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 6:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] OE classic

Hi Gene,

I’m not familiar with what you mean by the touch cursor but I did use the jaws cursor to see if there was anything I could get to with it and click but that wasn’t the case?  I wonder if I install jaws 2018 if that might make a difference?  Either way I will contact the creators of OE classic and see what they’re willing to try to do.

Thanks for the help.

Troy

On Feb 25, 2018, at 2:09 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

did you try using the JAWS cursor and the touch cursor?  It may be inaccessible, in which case, of course, you will need assistance.  If it proves to be inaccessible, writing to the creators may yield good results.  They are continuing work on accessibility and this sounds like it should be the thing they work on for their current project.  It is a critical function for anyone moving from one program to another.

Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 2:02 PM

Gene

Thanks for the info, I know I should use google more but a lot of times when I do use google the instructions I find are inaccessible.  For that reason I tend to ask on the list first in case somebody here has already done what I’m trying to do and can give me the accessible way.

In this case the instructions were accessiblle to a certain point but when it came to choosing what I wanted to import it was a list box that I couldn’t seem to move around in using jaws 16.  I don’t know if a newer jaws would’ve done any better because jaws 16 is the onl version I have installed, nor do I know if the list box would’ve been accessible with anything else because of the same reason.

Troy

ructions were accessible to a certain point, but

On Feb 25, 2018, at 12:19 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I did a Google search for import address book OE classic.  This is the page that came up as the first result.  You import the addressbook using the import wizard you were using yesterday.  If you read the information and don't understand how to do what is explained or if it isn't fully accessible, then I don't know if the support staff would be able to help you or not but they might.

Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:11 PM

Import and export are both in the menu in the main part of the program and in fact that’s how I got my folders moved over although I didn’t realize that was happening until it finished, but my address book wasn’t imported.

Folks who have the pro version of OE classic can send questions and they get priority, I just thought I’d ask here for help first but I can always just send the question about importing my address book to the help desk.

Troy

On Feb 25, 2018, at 10:23 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

If someone doesn't answer the question, I may install the free version and look around.  We'll see what happpens.  In the main part of the program, did you look in the files menu and did you look to see if there is a tools menu or something else where you might find it?  While you would expect to find this item in the address book menus, you never know.

Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 10:07 AM

Yes, I did.

Troy

On Feb 25, 2018, at 9:15 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

You said, at least not under the file menu.  Did you look through the other menus, at least ones that might be relevant?

Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 8:34 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] OE classic

Hi all,

I broke down yesterday and purchased OE classic because I was having continued roblems with OE 6.  If anybody uses OE classic pro I’m trying to import my address book from OE 6 and haven’t been able to do it.  I exported it to a .csv file because there didn’t seem to be an option for .wab in the new OE, and I managed to get all of my folders transferred over that way but my address book didn’t transfer.  I actually thought I’d have to open the address book to export the addresses but when I did that I didn’t see an export feature, at least not under the file menu where it normally is.  Can anybody help me?

Troy