Re: ways to measure pulse accessibly

Rick Alfaro

Hi Dean. You might want to try a heart monitor with BlueTooth LE support. I have one made by Polar. It comes with a strap that goes around your chest and transmits your heart rate via BlueTooth which can be monitored by several iPhone apps. Most of the well known workout apps will support Bluetooth heart rate monitors. I think I paid about $60 for the one I have. HTH

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 7:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] ways to measure pulse accessibly

I’m looking for a way to measure pulse during exercise that is both accessible and, ideally, affordable.  Right now I use a talking oximeter, which I think I got from Maxi Aids, but it works inconsistently.  Some of its readings are amusingly inaccurate. I have had no interest in an Apple Watch, but would an old version report my pulse easily?  What else is out there?

Thanks in advance.

Dean