Re: Talking Thermometers Suggestions

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Michael,

We do use the VIP 3000 thermostats in both our homes, but I really screwed up in the message, the subject line is correct.  I'm looking for a clear speaking reliable thermometer.  Sorry for the confusion.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 8:34 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking Thermometers Suggestions

Hello Mike,

I find that the VIP works great. I believe the latest model runs around $279, but you should purchase a model that is compatible with your unit. Here in the south, I             just have a single stage unit with an electric A/C and a gas furnace, and I think I paid around $149 for my thermostat.

You should purchase this thermostat directly from the distributor, though they are sold by other people. Their website is:

https://www.talkingthermostats.com/blind.shtml

There is voice guidance for everything from setting up and programming the thermostat to a reminder of when to change the filter.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 8:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Talking Thermometers Suggestions

Hi All,

I know there are dozens of talking thermostats out there, & know where to find them, but I would like to get referrals for brands & models of some good ones with clear speaking voices that you all have experience with.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.