Re: Transferring a book from Book Share to an SD card.

Laz

Hi Gene,

The player has the Ivona voices and reads text files, unprotected
Daisy and eBook files, etc, just fine. The problem isn't that the
player can't read text files, it can, the problem is that we don't
know if it's zipped up, what file type the file is, or anything else
about the book. When I asked her to have her husband look at what file
type it was on his computer she said he had to open the file up to
find out what file type it was and that it was an XML file. First of
all I had never heard of XML books and the fact that he had to open it
before he could see the file type , seems to indicate to me that
perhaps the file is zipped up and needs to be unzipped. i have asked
her to have her husband send me the file as an attachment so until I
see it anything about this file remains a mystery to me

On 3/7/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Isn't there a way to download books in an audio format from bookshare? Does
the player you want to use read text or just audio files? Just because text
is in the daisy format doesn't mean a player will play it. The player would
have to convert text to speech. I'm quite sure I heard of a way to download
books not with a human reader, but with a speech conversion program Book
Share uses that converts text to speech, then, the user downloads the audio
file.