Re: Talking Thermometers Suggestions

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Kimsan,

You will need to know if the heating function of the central air system will be gas or electric.  The VIP 3000 will do the trick, but like I said there are certain things that need to be known first.  I run a VIP 3000 on the heat pump in my office / workout room, & we run a 2nd of the same thermostat for the rest of the house which uses a 4 ton AC & gas heat central air system.  It's all in how you make the settings selections on the thermostat itself, but the technician needs to know what the hell they're doing!  I've ran into more than one that thought just because it was a talking thermostat that it needed to be treated very differently.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking Thermometers Suggestions

I’m scheduled to get central heating and cooling here in the next month or two.

How would I know which is compatible?

All I see on the page you linked was one for 189 dollars.

I would like to purchase it before everything is installed.

If you are a wrestling fan, I invite you to visit my wrestling site for blogs and podcasts by navigating to: http://www.therasslincafe.com/

Also, you may like our page on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheRasslinCafe/ or join us on twitter @TheRasslinCafe

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Boyd
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:34 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking Thermometers Suggestions

Hello Mike,

I find that the VIP works great. I believe the latest model runs around $279, but you should purchase a model that is compatible with your unit. Here in the south, I             just have a single stage unit with an electric A/C and a gas furnace, and I think I paid around $149 for my thermostat.

You should purchase this thermostat directly from the distributor, though they are sold by other people. Their website is:

https://www.talkingthermostats.com/blind.shtml

There is voice guidance for everything from setting up and programming the thermostat to a reminder of when to change the filter.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 8:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Talking Thermometers Suggestions

Hi All,

I know there are dozens of talking thermostats out there, & know where to find them, but I would like to get referrals for brands & models of some good ones with clear speaking voices that you all have experience with.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.