have you ever gotten this message? Windows lock screen?

Jim Rawls

Hi all, last Friday afternoon, I was shutting down my windows ten computer, and I was pulling down the top, and just before it locked into place, I heard jaws say,’ “Windows lock screen.’”

I  never gotten that message before so I raised the top and tried to get jaws to say something. It would tell me what I was pressing, but nothing would move. I couldn’t get to the desktop or start menu or anything., so I was left with the choice of force shut down, because the computer had decided to just lock up. I did the shut down, and when I rebooted, I now have no sound, but my sighted wife can move things around. And in the system tray, the speaker had an X through it, indicating that it is muted. I closed Microsoft and they worked with me for an hour and couldn’t solve the problem, and they are calling back tomorrow with someone from a higher level to see what they can do. Meanwhile I am on my old clunky W8.1 computer. How can I get my sound back on the W10 computer? My windows glen computer is running jaws18. Thanks for your help, and by the way, when I say no sound I mean that, Cds or files won’t play either. jim