Re: have you ever gotten this message? Windows lock screen?

Jim Rawls

I'll try that mike, and go dodgers is right. Smile. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 7:21 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] have you ever gotten this message? Windows lock screen?

Hi Jim,

See if the note below helps any at all:

Getting rid of the "resume display screen" prompt after not using the computer for
10 or 15 minutes

For several months, the lock or also called "log-in" screen comes on after no
action from the keyboard or mouse for ten minutes. The enter must be press or
spacebar pressed on the correct username to get back to the desktop.
I am happy to report that the solution was found thanks to a friend. He was also
one of my best students in technology years ago.
So here is what had to be done.

How to shut off the locked screen feature in Windows Ten
1. Press the windows key also called start button.
2. Type in the following without quotes.
"screen saver"
3. Arrow down to "change screen saver" and hit enter.
4. Tab to the checkbox labeled "on resume display log-in screen" and press the
spacebar to uncheck this box.
5. Tab to apply and it enter.
6. Tab to okay and hit enter.

Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you
have to ignore everything, & click I agree.