From: Michael Boyd
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:31 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] firestick?

David,

Depending on when you buy the Firestick, it could run you between $29.99 to $39.99, with $39.99 being the regular price at this time I believe. For an Amazon Prime membership you are going to pay $100 per year, and Netflix is now $10.99 per month for a 2 tTV plan I think it is.

Some of the apps on the Firestick are free, and some require a subscription, but your local channels should be some of the free ones now, as everyone is putting an app out now days. I live near New Orleans, and have noticed that all of the networks there have apps, but I only have installed my local Fox channel’s app so I can watch the news on a TV that I do not have my Dish Network satellite receiver connected to. I wake up early, and like to catch the news and weather at that time.

Since I shop on Amazon quite a bit, it makes paying for the Prime membership worthwhile. If I didn’t get my items with free 2 day shipping or I didn’t buy that much on the Amazon website, I would say it wasn’t worth it, but since I do, Prime Video is just another way of making the Prime membership more feasible.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io

<main@TechTalk.groups.io> On