Re: need help with a convection oven

Troy Burnham

I'll report back as soon as I find out exactly which model of oven we have.

Troy

On 3/29/2018 8:43 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
The more I look at that page, the more I'm  thinking maybe I picked the wrong model. Let us know if it was the right one, because if so, it looks pretty useful.

On 3/29/2018 9:40 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
I found a manual for such a type at http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/kenmore/7904942.html Hope it helps.

On 3/29/2018 9:29 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I just started using a new convection oven and I've never used one before.  I went on google looking for an online version of the manual and all I found was a video and all that told me was to cut cooking time by 25% over a regular oven.  The couple of times that I have used it so far though I'm finding that cook times end up being the same as in a regular oven.

My mom read part of the user manual when we first unboxed the oven recently but so far I haven't been able to get her to get it out again, but the problem with that is that what little bit she did read explained how to preheat the oven but she and I remember that section a little differently.  I think it said to put the oven on warm and set the temperature to preheat to then after it preheats to turn the knob to bake and then set the time, and she thinks that the timer needs to be set to preheat it.  Oh, and up until now my mom has done all of the cooking in the oven, but before she left for work this morning she put some breakfast in there to cook for me and when I got it out I noticed that the knob was still set on warm, so I'm not even sure if she's been turning that knob to bake when she actually puts the food in after the oven has preheated or not.  If not maybe that explains why we're not having to cut the cook time.

I'm not sure if the brand of oven matters or not but it is a Kenmore toaster/convection oven that we purchased from Sears, if anybody has this model, or any toaster/convection oven for that matter, can you tell me how to best use it to cook?  I don't know how long it'll take me to convince my mom to pull out the manual again and I'd like to start using the oven to cook.

Thanks, I looked online this morning for the manual but there seemed to be more than one for a Kenmore toaster/convection oven and I'm not sure which one this is if that even matters.

Troy