Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] phone number for Amazon accessibility please?

Hi Troy,

I am not sure about this, but I think the accessibility issues with this help line are limited to the accessibility of Amazon and its various distributors.  Questions about the technology of purchased items I would think would not feasible--since this would mean that phone operators would need to have working knowledge over thousands of products.

On 4/3/2018 7:55 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:

I bought a bluetooth speaker the other day and need help pairing it with my echo, will they help me with this?

Troy

On 4/3/2018 2:01 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Keith,

Among other things that I probably am not aware of, the disability help line will view an item that you may want to purchase but aren't exactly sure of because of the visual aspects of the item.  For example, I wanted a large pizza cooking pan with a round shape.  I could not see this item.  It kept giving both a length and a width rather than a diamter.  I waqnted to make sure that the item was indeed round. The d3escription itself left some doubt.  The phone assistant looked up the item and indeed indicated that the item was round.  I purchased it without the uncertainty of whether or not I would have to return it--quite a hassle if you do not have ready access to transportation.

Another case where you can be helped is if the item you want to purchase is off site and the page you want to look up the item specifications for is not very accessible, the assistant will look this item up and even place the item in your cart via whatever means you allow.  He/she is not allowed to complete the purchase, but once the item is in your cart, that part is always totally accessible to this point.

These are just some of the ways the assistant can help.

On 4/3/2018 1:46 AM, Keith S wrote:
what does this service provide?

Thanks

keith