From: "Bhavya shah" <bhavya.shah125@...>
To: "nvda" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; "main" <main@techtalk.groups.io>;
"blindtech" <blindtech@groups.io>; "keyboardusers"
<keyboardusers@...>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 5:27 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessible Screen Recording Software

Dear all,
For a certain purpose, I am in need of an accessible screen capturing
and recording software for my Windows 8.1 powered laptop. According to
my preliminary research, some recommended accessible programs for this
purpose include Camtasia, Open Broadcasting Software and WebInAria. I
have perfunctorily read about or tried each of these software and
following is a summary of my present knowledge:
Camtasia: I have installed the huge software’s free trial for now. I
seem unable to find any self-explanatorily worded option to start a
screen recording, am just Tabbing around the interface through the
different options and some unlabelled toggle buttons, and am uncertain
as to how I should proceed from this point.
Open Broadcasting Software: I have seen a blind individual
recommending OBS Classic, which fork of this software is now
deprecated according to the developer’s website. Should I still try
out OBS Classic, or is the newer OBS studio accessible?
WebInAria: This software seems to have no dedicated website of its
own, the number and quality of ratings it has received on software
hosting sites are low, and it seems like this program hasn’t been
updated in several years now.
I would deeply appreciate it if you could either shed some light on
the above-mentioned software, or alternatively suggest other
accessible screen capturing and recording software that are usable
with a screen reader, especially NVDA.
Thanks.

--
Best Regards