Re: DMR Radios?

Billy Inglis

hi again Steve, I'm on that particular list, and not much Information there either, Billy

On 17/04/2018 14:38, Steve Matzura wrote:
Sorry to say, I don't know much about DMR and access, but the GD77S is supposedly the most accessible model. There was supposed to have been one from Yaesu or Kenwood that was supposed to have come out a year ago, the price was about ten times that of the GD77S, and I never heard about whether it actually came out or not. I have a friend across town who knows more about these things than I, I'll see what he knows and report back. But the best way to find out is really to get onto the blind hams list, and even over there there isn't much talk yet about these things.
On 4/17/2018 3:52 AM, Billy Inglis wrote:
hi Steve, thanks for the prompt reply.
Are there any other DMR Radios you know about with better accessibility features or is the GD77S the only workable radio?,Billy

On 17/04/2018 01:35, Steve Matzura wrote:
A codeplug is nothing more than a fancy name for a data file containing frequencies, splits, talkgroup identification, etc., that you create on a computer and send to the radio via USB.

The GD77S software accessibility leaves a lot to be desired, but with a little dinking around with your screenreader of choice, it's workable.
On 4/15/2018 1:40 PM, Billy Inglis wrote:
hi IC, have seen you on the blind hams list.
I have been trying to learn about DMR Radio, and have asked some questions on the list, but unfortunetly I misesed the recent post regarding theRadioddity GD-77s.
I have been thinking of buying this radio, but not sure if as a blind person, i would be able to access the radio.
I realise it all depends on the software available, and the screen reader you use to work with the software.
I'm new to DMR and would like to learn more. I know very little. Question for instance. What is a codeplug and how would you use it. I take it is a piece of software.
It would be great if you could help/advise, Billy

On 15/04/2018 17:58, Iaen Cordell wrote:
G’day Jim, subscribe to blind-hams:

blind-hams@groups.io

Subscribe:

blind-hams+subscribe@groups.io